THE RELIGIOUS PSYCHO KILLERS SHIT LIST

Welcome to the mind of John Scott Ridgway. Beware falling rocks and angels.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENTER WHAT THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY CALLS THE 'WITTING.' The implication being anyone who doesn't know what is truly going on in the world is 'unwitting.' I have an academic/artist background that includes three books, oil painting, radio and tv... though mostly, I write on the web and give the words away. Better read than dead, I always say. I studyied military intelligence, cults, english, history, and philosophy, among other subjects that I took in my quest to have something to say in my work.... I am proud to say I studied under peaceful warriors, like Dr. Danial Stern, an icon in the sixties who hung out with the panthers, dealt with agent provocaters, spies.

A BASTOON OF TRUE FREEDOM IN A WORLD CONDENSED INTO POLITE CONVERSATIONS. I HAVE SITES ALL OVER THE PLACE THAT YOU CAN SEE MY OTHER SIDES WITHIN.
http://theelvesattic.blogspot.com/
http://wakingupjesus.blogspot.com/

Find me on facebook at john scott ridgway... there are two of me... one is active. I trust you can figure it out. Doing a lot of stuff there. Basically showing my daily trek throughout the dozens of papers I peruse while waiting in some bush, pr parked somewhere, you know, out stalking, or whatever, you know... hunting humans, maybe... but not in an illegal way. Really.

I urge you to try out my new Jesus, blog, too. He is nothing like you have read before. This creature from the planet Heaven is mistaken for an alien, a cult leader, a terrorist.... Military intelligence agents and secrets are thrown all over in this blog.... please spread my writing whereever forfree... The book is not just for Christians. I am almost an agnostic... I, Christ... will lead you to heaven, or at least give you a lot to think about. After years of getting mostly a's in college, I can at least parrot a few things you have not heard.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

PLAYING IN THE DUNES

Playing in the Dunes.

I HAVE been off line now for a few weeks. How boring to write it and how boring to read it. The new modern dilemma. A deviation in the path of the blog, for sure. I have been writing, obviously, since this is the fifteenth of unpublished essays that I will upload when I have the time and inclination to get off my lazy ass and walk a block and a half to an internet cafe.

The last week, I have been reading and painting more than writing. The connection to the people who comment on my blogs is missed, and I think that aided me in my slow drift into painting and reading. I read the five hundred pages or so in a Frank Herbert book about the Dune universe, a later effort that carries the story on into esoteric and ever deeper complexity, involving Bene Gesserts trying to save the universe, (which ends up being Why Leto 2, the worm, during his 3500 year rule, allowed the congregation of near-white-witches to continue existing and doing universe wide genetic experiments to get a messiah.. When they do get him-- the first in Maud dib, and then, in a more poignant and lonely way, his son Leto II, who allows himself to become basically immortal, by becoming mostly Sand Worm, so he can stave off the obliteration of humankind. The sacrifices that it takes for Leto to live out this life is made particularly appealing because he knows his future, and realizes that the best part of his life is over. That he has become purely a tool of history.


Leto II saw that in one possible future humanity will become extinct, unless he is able to save them by one possible future, which they refer to as the Golden Path. HE takes this moral responsibility as well as he can, though he doesn't kid himself into some delusion to better deal with his plight -- a luxury afforded to the worshipers in the dynasty around him. He was very humbled and worried and desperately saddened by the bloody tactics that were required to follow the Golden Path to the survival of Humanity. I urge anyone who has even a passing interest on how science fiction is used to deal with topics in the 'real world,' need look no further than these books and their introductions... but at least you should see the two sci-fi channel mini-series...

The book I just read takes place three thousand years after Leto's death. What he predicted is coming true, and the main characters in the novel are discovering as much, s the plot carries on through intrigue, a war with a bastardized version of the Ben Gesserit that is coming back from what Leto set up, and numerous other juicy little subplots.


So, that is something of a book review that never names a book, which merely tries to entice you to enter a world that has given me a lot of solace over the years.


Seal from me and you will be cursed in such a way that your hands turn into worthless, jelly fish like appendages that sting your intimates. Or sued or something bad like that...

No comments: